LG 4.2 Cu.ft. Compact Electric Condensing Front Load Dryer (DLEC888W) User Manual – Page 5
Posted on 13 Aug, 2019
Product: LG 4.2 Cu.ft. Compact Electric Condensing Front Load Dryer (DLEC888W)
File size: 5 MB
• Read all instructions before using the dryer.
• Before use, the dryer must be properly
installed as described in this manual.
• Do not place items exposed to cooking oils in
your dryer. Items contaminated with cooking
oils may contribute to a chemical reaction that
could cause a load to catch fire.
• Do not dry articles that have been previously
cleaned in, washed in, soaked in, or spotted
with gasoline, dry-cleaning solvents, or other
flammable or explosive substances as they
give off vapors that could ignite or explode.
• Do not reach into the dryer if the drum or any
other part is moving.
• Do not repair or replace any part of the dryer
or attempt any servicing unless specifically
recommended in this Use and Care Guide or
in published user-repair instructions that you
understand and have the skills to carry out.
• Do not tamper with controls.
• Before the dryer is removed from service or
discarded, remove the door to the drying
• Do not allow children to play on or in the dryer.
Close supervision of children is necessary
when the dryer is used near children.
• Do not use fabric softeners or products to
eliminate static unless recommended by the
manufacturer of the fabric softener or product.
• Do not use heat to dry articles containing foam
rubber or similarly textured rubber-like
• Keep area around the exhaust opening and
adjacent surrounding areas free from the
accumulation of lint, dust, and dirt.
• The interior of the dryer and exhaust vent
should be cleaned periodically by qualified
• Do not install or store the dryer where it will be
exposed to the weather.
• Always check the inside of the dryer for foreign
• Clean lint screen before or after each load.
• Do not spray dry cleaning detergent directly
onto the product or use the product to dry
clothes that have dry cleaning detergent on
them. Doing so could result in an explosion or
• Do not dry clothes that are stained with
combustible or flammable materials. Doing so
could result in an explosion or fire. Flammable
materials include thinners, benzene, solvents,
cleaning solutions, acetone, alcohol, gasoline,
turpentine, wax, wax removers, hair gel,
hairspray, edible oils, motor oil, creams,
cosmetic products and lotions, and oil stains.
• Do not dry clothes stained with oily
substances. Oily substances (including edible
oils) on clothes cannot be completely removed
even by washing with water, and the remaining
oil could result in a fire if dried.
• Remove clothes promptly from the dryer after
the cycle ends or if there is a power outage
during the cycle. Do not store clothing in the
BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when using this
appliance, follow basic precautions, including the following:
Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in a risk of
electric shock. Check with a qualified electrician or service person if you are in
doubt as to whether the appliance is properly grounded.