LG 24 Cu. Ft. Smart Wi-fi Enabled French Door Counter-depth Refrigerator (LRFXC2406D) User Manual – Page 23
Posted on 13 Aug, 2019
Product: LG 24 Cu. Ft. Smart Wi-fi Enabled French Door Counter-depth Refrigerator (LRFXC2406D)
File size: 10 MB
Shut off the main water supply.
• Turn on the nearest faucet to relieve the
pressure on the line.
Choose the valve location.
• Choose a location for the valve that is easily
accessible. It is best to connect into the side
of a vertical water pipe. When it is necessary
to connect into a horizontal water pipe, make
the connection to the top or side, rather than
at the bottom, to avoid drawing off any
sediment from the water pipe.
Drill the hole for the valve.
• Drill a ¼ in. hole in the water pipe using a
sharp bit. Remove any burrs resulting from
drilling the hole in the pipe. Be careful not to
allow water to drain into the drill. Failure to
drill a ¼ in. hole may result in reduced ice
production or smaller cubes.
• The hookup line cannot be white, plastic tubing.
Licensed plumbers must use only copper tubing
(NDA tubing #49595 or #49599) or Cross Link
Polyethylene (PEX) tubing.
Fasten the shutoff valve.
• Fasten the shutoff valve to the cold water
pipe with the pipe clamp.
Saddle-Type Shutoff Valve
Vertical Cold Water Pipe
• Commonwealth of Massachusetts Plumbing
Codes 248CMR shall be adhered to. Saddle
valves are illegal and use is not permitted in
Massachusetts. Consult with your licensed
Tighten the pipe clamp.
• Tighten the clamp screws until the sealing
washer begins to swell.
• Do not over tighten clamp or you may crush the