LG 24 Cu. Ft. Smart Wi-fi Enabled French Door Counter-depth Refrigerator (LRFXC2406D) User Manual – Page 47
Posted on 13 Aug, 2019
Product: LG 24 Cu. Ft. Smart Wi-fi Enabled French Door Counter-depth Refrigerator (LRFXC2406D)
File size: 10 MB
• Do not install where water hammer conditions
may occur. If water hammer conditions exist you
must install a water hammer arrester. Contact a
plumbing professional if you are uncertain how
to check for this condition.
• Do not install on hot water supply lines. The
maximum operating water temperature of this
filter system is 100 °F (37.8 °C).
• Protect filter from freezing. Drain filter when
temperatures drop below 40 °F (4.4 °C).
• The disposable filter cartridge MUST be replaced
every 6 months, at the rated capacity or if a
noticeable reduction in flow rate occurs.
• Protect from freezing, remove filter cartridge
when temperatures are expected to drop below
• Do not install systems in areas where ambient
temperatures may go above 110° F (43.3° C).
• Where a backflow prevention device is installed
on a water system, a device for controlling
pressure due to thermal expansion must be
• Ensure all tubing and fittings are secure and free
Replacing the Water Filter
Replace the water filter:
• Approximately every six months.
• When the
icon turns on.
• When the water dispenser output decreases.
• Use replacement cartridge: LT1000P, LT1000PC
Remove the door bin.
Remove the disposable water filter.
• Replacing the water filter causes a small amount
of water (around 1 oz. or 25 cc) to drain.
• Wrap a cloth around the front end of the water
filter cover to collect any leaking water. Hold the
water filter upright, once it is removed, to
prevent any remaining water from spilling out of
the water filter.
Replace with a new water filter. Insert the
new filter into the filter head and rotate it
clockwise until the arrow on the new filter
lines up with the arrow on the filter head.
Swing the filter back into the compartment.
Replace the door bin.
After changing the filter, press and hold the
Water Filter button for three seconds to
reset the indicator light.
After the water filter is replaced, dispense
2.5 gallons of water (flush for approximately
5 minutes) to remove trapped air and
contaminants from the system.
• Do not dispense the entire 2.5 gallon amount
continuously. Press and release the dispenser
pad for cycles of 30 seconds ON and 60 seconds
• To purchase a replacement water filter:
- Visit your local dealer or distributor
- Search using "water filter" on lg.com
- Use replacement cartridge: LT1000P/PC/PCS
For further assistance, call:
• 1-800-243-0000 (USA)
• 1-888-542-2623 (Canada)