LG 24 Cu. Ft. Smart Wi-fi Enabled French Door Counter-depth Refrigerator (LRFXC2406D) User Manual – Page 51
Posted on 13 Aug, 2019
Product: LG 24 Cu. Ft. Smart Wi-fi Enabled French Door Counter-depth Refrigerator (LRFXC2406D)
File size: 10 MB
Before Calling for Service
Review this section before calling for service; doing so will save you both time and money.
Possible Cause & Solution
Freezer section are
The refrigerator control is set to OFF (some models).
• Turn the control ON. Refer to the Setting the Controls section for proper temperature
Refrigerator is set to Demo Mode.
• Demo Mode allows the lights and control display to work normally while disabling cooling,
to save energy while the refrigerator is on the showroom floor. See the FAQs section of
this manual for instructions on how to disable Demo Mode.
Refrigerator is in the defrost cycle.
• During the defrost cycle, the temperature of each compartment may rise slightly. Wait 30
minutes and confirm the proper temperature has been restored once the defrost cycle has
Refrigerator was recently installed.
• It may take up to 24 hours for each compartment to reach the desired temperature.
Refrigerator was recently relocated.
• If the refrigerator was stored for a long period of time or moved on its side, it is necessary
for the refrigerator to stand upright for 24 hours before connecting it to power.
Cooling system runs
Refrigerator is replacing an older model.
• Modern refrigerators require more operating time but use less energy due to more
Refrigerator was recently plugged in or power restored.
• The refrigerator will take up to 24 hours to cool completely.
The door is opened often or a large amount of food / hot food was added.
• Adding food and opening the door warms the refrigerator, requiring the compressor to
run longer in order to cool the refrigerator back down. In order to conserve energy, try to
get everything you need out of the refrigerator at once, keep food organized so it is easy
to find, and close the door as soon as the food is removed. (Refer to the Food Storage
Doors are not closed completely.
• Firmly push the doors shut. If they will not shut all the way, the "Doors will not close
correctly or pop open" section in Troubleshooting.
Refrigerator is installed in a hot location.
• The compressor will run longer under warm conditions. At normal room temperatures (70
°F or 21 °C) expect your compressor to run about 40 % to 80 % of the time. Under warmer
conditions, expect it to run even more often. The refrigerator should not be operated
above 110 °F (43 °C).
Condenser / back cover is clogged.
• Use a vacuum cleaner with an attachment to clean the condenser cover and vents. Do not
remove the panel covering the condenser coil area.