LG 24 Cu. Ft. Smart Wi-fi Enabled French Door Counter-depth Refrigerator (LRFXC2406D) User Manual – Page 54
Posted on 13 Aug, 2019
Product: LG 24 Cu. Ft. Smart Wi-fi Enabled French Door Counter-depth Refrigerator (LRFXC2406D)
File size: 10 MB
Ice & Water
Possible Cause & Solution
Icemaker is not
making enough ice.
Demand exceeds ice storage capacity.
• The icemaker will produce approximately 70-184 cubes in a 24 hour period.
House water supply is not connected, valve is not turned on fully, or valve is clogged.
• Connect the refrigerator to a cold water supply with adequate pressure and turn the water
shutoff valve fully open. If the problem persists, it may be necessary to contact a plumber.
Water filter has been exhausted.
• Replacing the water filter is recommended:
Approximately every six months.
When the water filter indicator turns on.
When the water dispenser output decreases.
When the ice cubes are smaller than normal.
Low house water supply pressure.
• The water pressure must be between 20 and 120 psi on models without a water filter and
between 40 and 120 psi on models with a water filter. If the problem persists, it may be
necessary to contact a plumber.
Reverse osmosis filtration system is used.
• Reverse osmosis filtration systems can reduce the water pressure below the minimum
amount and result in icemaker issues. (Refer to the Connecting the Water Line section.)
Tubing connecting refrigerator to house supply valve is kinked.
• The tubing can kink when the refrigerator is moved during installation or cleaning
resulting in reduced water flow. Straighten or repair the water supply line and arrange it to
prevent future kinks.
Doors are opened often or for long periods of time.
• If the doors of the unit are opened often, ambient air will warm the refrigerator which will
prevent the unit from maintaining the set temperature. Lowering the refrigerator
temperature can help, as well as not opening the doors as frequently.
Doors are not closed completely.
• If the doors are not properly closed, ice production will be affected. See the "Doors will not
close correctly or pop open" section in Parts & Features Troubleshooting for more
The temperature setting for the freezer is too warm.
• The recommended temperature for the freezer compartment for normal ice production is
0°F. If the freezer temperature is warmer, ice production will be affected.