LG 24 Cu. Ft. Smart Wi-fi Enabled French Door Counter-depth Refrigerator (LRFXC2406D) User Manual – Page 55
Posted on 13 Aug, 2019
Product: LG 24 Cu. Ft. Smart Wi-fi Enabled French Door Counter-depth Refrigerator (LRFXC2406D)
File size: 10 MB
Icemaker is not
Refrigerator was recently installed or icemaker recently connected.
• It may take up to 24 hours for each compartment to reach the desired temperature and
for the icemaker to begin making ice.
Icemaker is not turned on.
• Locate the icemaker ON/OFF and confirm that it is turned on.
The ice detecting sensor is obstructed.
• Foreign substances or frost on the ice-detecting sensor can interrupt ice production. Make
sure that the sensor area is clean at all times for proper operation.
The refrigerator is not connected to a water supply or the supply shutoff valve is not
• Connect the refrigerator to the water supply and turn the water shutoff valve fully open.
Icemaker shutoff (arm or sensor) obstructed.
• If your icemaker is equipped with an ice shutoff arm, make sure that the arm moves freely.
If your icemaker is equipped with the electronic ice shutoff sensor, make sure that there is
a clear path between the two sensors.
Reverse osmosis water filtration system is connected to your cold water supply.
• Reverse osmosis filtration systems can reduce the water pressure below the minimum
amount and result in icemaker issues. (Refer to the Connecting the Water Line section.)
Ice has bad taste or
Water supply contains minerals such as sulfur.
• A water filter may need to be installed to eliminate taste and odor problems. NOTE: In
some cases, a filter may not help. It may not be possible to remove all minerals/odor/taste
in all water supplies.
Icemaker was recently installed.
• Ice that has been stored for too long will shrink, become cloudy, and may develop a stale
taste. Throw away old ice and make a new supply.
The food has not been stored properly in either compartment.
• Rewrap the food. Odors may migrate to the ice if food is not wrapped properly.
The interior of the refrigerator needs to be cleaned.
• See the Maintenance section for more information.
The ice storage bin needs to be cleaned.
• Empty and wash the bin (discard old cubes). Make sure that the bin is completely dry
before reinstalling it.
Icemaker is making
too much ice.
Icemaker shutoff (arm/ sensor) is obstructed.
• Empty the ice bin. If your icemaker is equipped with an ice shutoff arm, make sure that the
arm moves freely. If your icemaker is equipped with the electronic ice shutoff sensor,
make sure that there is a clear path between the two sensors. Reinstall the ice bin and wait
24 hours to confirm proper operation.
Possible Cause & Solution