Philips DVD player (DVP3120/12) User Manual – Page 36
Posted on 25 Dec, 2019
Category: Media players
Product: Philips DVD player (DVP3120/12)
File size: 2 MB
Tr o u b l e s h o o t i ng
Under no circumstances should you try to repair the system yourself, as this will
invalidate the warranty. Do not open the system as there is a risk of electric shock.
If a fault occurs, fi
rst check the points listed below before taking the system for repair. If
you are unable to remedy a problem by following these hints, consult your dealer or
Philips for help.
Remote control does not work.
The picture is distorted or black &
white during playback.
Disc does not play.
– Press STANDBY-ON button on the front of the DVD
player to turn on the system.
– Make sure the AC outlet has power.
– Aim the remote control directly at the sensor on the
front of the DVD player (not towards TV).
– Remove any obstacles between DVD player and the
– Batteries are weak, replace the batteries.
– Check the polarities of the batteries are as indicated on
the remote control (± signs).
– Turn on your TV and set to the correct Video In
channel for the DVD player. You may go to Channel 1
on your TV, then press the channel down button on
your TV’s remote control until you see the TV
– Check the video connection between the DVD player
and the TV.
– The disc does not match with the TV color system
– The disc is dirty, clean the disc.
– Sometimes a small amount of picture distortion may
appear. This is not a malfunction.
– To deactivate progressive scan function manually;
1) Turn off your TV progressive scan mode (or set to
2) Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the DVD player disc tray.
3) Press the alphanumeric keypad ‘1’ for few seconds.
– Check the audio connections, the red and white jacks
are connected correctly.
– Set the Digital output correctly, based on the equipment
you connected to the DVD player.
– Insert the disc with the label facing up.
– Wrong region code.
– Wrong disc type. Read chapter “Playback - Playable
discs” for details.
– Make sure the disc is not scratched or warped. Clean
the disc or replace a new one.
– Check if the disc is defective by trying another disc.
Need Help? Visit us at www.philips.com/support
2007-01-15 4:17:18 PM